Friday, December 19, 2008

SNOW............EVERYWHERE

NO RUNNING, NO DESIRE TO RUN, NO OPPORTUNITY TO RUN

Since there were some comments I feel like I should explain myself. It is difficult to complain when one of my friends/readers is from Alaska, but the whole day was a tough one even for the most vicious of Alaskan runners. 

We hit the road at 6AM out of P-Town to beat the storm but by the time we hit Syracuse it was snowing heavily. Once we hit 81N to Kingston it was a joke and down to single lane traffic moving at max speeds of 35-40 mph. The remaining 120 Miles took about 4 hours. In the meantime the cold I was trying to kick last week came back with a vengeance that crushed my spirits. My throat was so sore and raw on the whole drive. 

By the time we hit Kingston a foot of snow had fallen and the wind was biting. Snow was literally blowing every direction and gathering in drifts that made waking the sidewalks a kin to a core routine. Temps were below -4 F and -20F  with the wind chill. It was the coldest wind I have experienced in years. So with having a head cold, and no where to run I had to bag the day. Its only going to help my leg get better anyway so I don't mind.

The snow has stopped and we plan on hitting the road to Port Elgin tomorrow. Francine and Wykes are gone to run on T-Mills at the gym and I am getting rid of this head cold once and for all.

Love Kel

5 comments:

  1. Surely Snow will give you time to devise more strange overtones?

    And Although we may have no time for the trust we hold in 'na reamhaisneas na haimseoiri' but, on a higher plain a message was given none the less 'roger echo sierra tango'. Its good for the pumpkin fella.

    I was looking at the photographs of Geds wedding today and how i wished so much that i could have made it to that. Top table looked class and no doubt, was well delivered... Keep r' country as Crawlor belched out a lot of nights,

    Gruaigain, Lookin forward to Arsenal the Weekend....Kelism

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you go run at the 400 meter indoor facility like I did today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you tend to overtrain and come back to fast this could be a blessing in disguise. Your body is again telling you something with the sickness.

    I suggest listening to some smooth jams, having some wine/robitussin mix(like lil wayne) and watching yacht rock videos on youtube. (look under yacht rock)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Mr. Hall. This little break may be a blessing in itself. I suggest laying low until the sickness subsides, sipping some scoops and spinning on the bike. You'll be back before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the cold is a blessing in disguise...don't ignore the body's signs....

    ReplyDelete