Monday, December 29, 2008

Clinging Onto Bottles

PM: 8.2 Miles, 53:20, Fruit Loop, Blvd

Feeling pulled apart by horses is an apt way to describe how I feel right now. I drove down to Long Island today to hang with the crew from Runners Edge. I had a reasonably early start so decided to wait and run later in the day, thinking of course that I would be home by 4 or 5. But then I forgot to account for Southern Connecticut traffic on the way home. Ended up taking an age and I rolled in at 7 bells. My hip has been sore since the drive from Canada so I shelved tempo run plans until tomorrow and opted to go for an easy run around the usual loop while listening to Bloc Party and Stars. I felt crappy and very tired but I got it in and right now I am content and at ease.

Driving sucks ass and since I am a sales rep who spends lots of time behind the wheel it is not good to feel this way. My hips took an awful beating on the drive back from Canada and again from 8 hours today. However, I am not going to negative town, I just need to learn to be better with stretching, hydration, and breaks. Otherwise, life is good and tomorrow should be a fantastic training day.

Love Kelrock

No comments:

Post a Comment