Friday, May 29, 2009

Tunnel Vision

NO TRAINING

Up in Albany today working for the Fleet Feet folks at the Freihofers 5k expo. Good times, good fun, great people. I met Dr. Tim Maggs who's articles I used to enjoy in New England Runner. Anyway, Tim is a Chiropractor who specializes in the treatment and continued improvement of biomechanics. He was kind enough to give me an assesment with standing X-Ray of pevlis, back, and neck. Of course it revelied abnormal structural flaws. Most glaring was my curved back and pelvis hight. I have a 3/4 inch lower pelvis on my right side. Anyway, this was evidence that I needed to help with my continued improvemnt after my knee injury and it is good stuff to share with Mike Silva, my PT as he helps me on my road to recovery after surgery (if I have it). So today, despite being very long, was awesome in many ways. I learned so much about my center of gravity, weight baring, shut eye tilt etc. All great info that will be compiled into an 8 page report that can only aid my future as a runner and fitness nut.

New Bat For Lashes Video. In all fairness, she is fantastic.

Love Kel

2 comments:

  1. Alright Kel just wanted to say keep battling away you've done so much already, you will get your reward
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kel, who sings this song? Figured you'd know.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fhome.php&feature=player_embedded

    Nick

    ReplyDelete