Thursday, May 21, 2009

You Do It To Yourself

PM: 44 Miles Bike, about 2:18, very windy.

Rode with Ben out North Providence and into Lincoln/Cumberland with Blvd add-on. My least favorite element to ride in is wind. Tonight was very windy and very hot so there was a lot of pollen and lots of dust/sand blowing everywhere. My throat is still raw and my eyes hurt. That aside, I had a great ride and it was nice having Ben company. I elected to do most of the pulling especially into the wind because I wanted to give myself some punishment. I deviated from Carmichael since today was supposed to be recovery. I will do that tomorrow and put today down as a good endurance day. The wind and rolling hills kept my HR in a nice zone.

Driving to work today I heard "Just", by Radiohead on the FM. I love when radio stations play Radiohead songs because it doesn't happen that often and I rarely listen to any radio outside of NPR. While flicking through the stations this morning it came on and it was joyful. The song is so important to me because it reminds me of my late teenage years and the great times I had but specifically it reminds me of getting into Radiohead. I am not one to boast about being there from the beginning. I thought Creep was a good track but I never got into Pablo Honey and only bought it after OK computer. The Bends got me into Radiohead and songs like Street Spirit, Fake Plastic Trees, and Just towered above anything Oasis were doing at the time. I can't post the video because EMI are arseholes so here is Just live from Glastonbury in 2003. Listen to the crowd, amazing.

Love Kel

2 comments:

  1. I was at that RadioHead concert. One of the greatest experiences of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Radiohead is far superior to Oasis...Sounds like a good ride...I was out there too and the particles fying in the wind were everywhere.

    ReplyDelete