Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July Evenings

AM: 75 Minutes Trainer Ride.......Watching the TTT
PM: 40 Minutes Easy Run, 20 Minutes Trainer

Todays Team Time Trail was amazing. It had all the drama, lots of crashes and of course an amazing race for yellow. In the end it came down to tenths of a second. Edge of the seat stuff. I did my morning ride on the trainer because I needed to watch this and I knew I had no time to go after. It was lashing rain anyway so its all good.

In the afternoon I ran with Francine and fortunately it was nice and easy. My knee was sore and then would get a little better before getting sore again. Its really, really frustrating and tough to deal with. The fact that I cannot ice or stretch is annoying. I am trying to land more mid-foot which seems to help a little but not as much as I'd like.Today I started listening to a band from Montreal called "Below The Sea". They are post-rock with a beautiful sound. Catching up on office work I needed some new shoegazing sounds to get me through. Never underestimate the power of music. I was in a marginal mood and after 40 minutes of these guys I felt really good. The album I listened to is called "Blame It On The Past". I think its from about 2005. I will do some more research and actually buy something off these fantastic musicians.

So finally a decent day of training. Lots more of this to come. My knee is very sore but operation push on through until surgery is inevitable is in full effect. Nicely.

Love Kel

I also listened to some of this action while doing a sneaky 20 minutes fast spin tonight after my run......

No comments:

Post a Comment