Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pink Cloud Tracing Paper

AM: 60 Minutes, Trainer
PM: 75 Minutes, Trainer
w/ 10 mins 10/20, 5 mins 20/10, 5 mins 30/30, 5 x 1 min on/off

Arrived home to a lovely package of running gear and product sent by Cody Hill of Boulder Running CO Colorado Springs. What a generous gift and one I am extremely gracious for. I flicked through one of the books he sent and saw the Johnathan Vaughters workout of 10/20 so thought I'd do it with some variation. My day kicked off with a lovely hour on the trainer in the AM. I rode pretty steady and worked up a good sweat. Was hoping to do more but never put out a water bottle and my tongue was stuck to the roof of my mouth after 40 minutes. In the PM I did a session of 10 sec very hard, 20 sec float for 10 minutes then I made it harder for 5 minutes by riding 20 on 10 float. I pushed it out to 30 sec hard, 30 sec float before finishing off with 5 x 1 minute hard with a 1 minute float recovery. The workout is supposed to work on explosive power which is seen in Euro bike racing where there are lots of speed changes. A great day of training.

Today marked the 20th Anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster. I watched on LFC.tv and it was very moving. I remember watching the event as a 12 year old not understanding why Liverpool fans were doing this to each other. It was only after that I realised the ticketing mishaps and the destructive nature of terraces and large fences. Of course the officials must take much of the blame for not opening the gates to allow fans onto the pitch thinking it was just a minor crowd disruption. And the gates they did open were outside just encourtaging more fans to try and enter. Fans were literally dying in front of the police and they did nothing. It was really sad to watch it all again. 96 Liverpool fans that will never be forgotten. You'll Never Walk Alone.
This Pic is of The KOP after the incident happened 20 years ago.
Peace and Love,

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment