Thursday, January 8, 2009

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

AM: 8.2 Miles, 53:50, Fruit Loop Blvd
PM: 5 Miles, Blvd, Core Work, BSC

There is just so much going on right now that there are not enough hours in the day. Of course running gets priority in these times and just as well because it makes me very happy and I am very much in the honeymoon period where all the runs are fantastic, even the hard ones, and the ones that hurt.

This morning was very windy but quite mild. I did my usual 8.2 loop listening to The Cure and Cut Copy. It was one of those mornings that I felt flat and not very smooth. But I was out running and thats all that matters. I did a bunch of work and hit the phone hard calling accounts etc before an afternoon run from BSC. I don't know what it is about night time but I always feel great running in the dark and I set out to run an easy 4 miles but ended up going 5+ and I had to cut down a few side streets to make sure I was not going too far. I could have run all night. The shuffle was playing Stars, Air France, Interpol, Radiohead, M83, Joy Division, and some Techno. I hit the gym and did my Mike Silva routine. Just fantastic.

Right now in New Zealand the second "7 Worlds Collide" concert series is going on. It happened in 2001 and it was monumental. This year it is no different. It is basically the same crew except Eddie Vedder has been replaced by Jeff Tweedy of Wilco fame. Amazing stuff. It is the brainchild of Neil Finn (Crowded House) and it raises money for Oxfam. Ed O'Brien and Phil Selway of Radiohead are involved and so is Johnny Marr. I mean, come on! I would give anything to see this. They are playing amazing songs like "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out", one of my favorite songs of all time, "Fake Plastic Trees", "Bodysnatchers", and the one below "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want". This is an extremely talented group of musicians and the surprise of the concert series so far has been Phil Selway playing a solo song, "Family Madness". The recording is not great but you get the idea. Radiohead are so talented it is beyond comprehension. There will be a DVD available of the show and proceeds will go to Oxfam so I suggest everyone who cares about fighting global poverty and is interested in amazing music buy it when it becomes available. The 2001 edition is still available, similar line up and very much amazing stuff.

Another great day in Providence, lovely training, great music and great email banter with Jay. When you starting a blog Jay????

Love Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment