Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mushaboom

AM: Trainer Bike Ride, 1:45. Tour Of Flanders Video
PM: 8.3 Miles, 55 Minutes, Fruit Loop, Blvd.

Once again I opted out of my morning jog in favor of meeting the lads down in Providence Bike for a trainer session. We did a simulation of Tour Of Flanders. Well, we did as best we could basically following along with the stages on the screen and we used the "bergs" as climbs. It ended up being a great workout and 1:45 in the saddle is a nice way to start the day.

For PM action I did my 8+ mile loop over the slush that lined the side of the road. It didn't bother me at all. Its funny how stuff that is ordinarily an annoyance doesn't seem to bother you when things are going well. I would have typically hit the T_Mill on a night like this but to be honest I wanted fresh air after the ride this morning and being on cloud 9 from yesterday it was easy to hit the slush and jog around my fabled loop.

Read some kind words from my main man John Clark today and it allowed me to reflect on the general mood I find myself in these days. His advice was to basically take one day at a time and not to worry about next month let alone next week, and he is completely right. I often get myself into trouble when I set time goals because the desire to do that extra mile, or extra run in the evening is always present, but unnecessary.

Week 11 Ended As Follows:

Monday: AM: Workout, 5 x 5 Minutes, 1 Min Rec, 12 Miles Total
Tuesday: AM: 6 Miles Easy, 38:15. 30 Min Spin. PM: Yoga
Wednesday: PM: 11.1 Miles, 69:19
Thursday: AM: 8.2 Miles 53:50, PM: 5 Miles Easy
Friday: PM: 10 Miles, 65 Minutes
Saturday: AM: Workout, 6 Miles @ 5:02 Pace, 30:09; 12 Miles Total
Sunday: AM: Bike 1:45, PM: 8.3 Miles, 55 Minutes

Week Total: 72.6 Miles, 8 Runs, 2:15 Bike, Yoga, Core

True to form this week was my best in my comeback........I wonder how long this will last? Truly excited about this week. I am right where I need/want to be and this is where I'll stay. No doubt my long runs will increase in duration but everything else stays the same. No jumps until Ray says so! Really pleased.

I figure since I am in a pretty good mood I should post a video that reflects how I feel. The energy, the passion, the depth, the beauty etc etc. This is what its all about for me. One of the best songs ever written, "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"

Peace and Love,

Kel


1 comment:

  1. great video. You couldn't be more true about ther being a light that never goes out.

    ReplyDelete