Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

AM: 6 Miles, From BSC, Easy 38:15
30 Min Spin Bike, Core Work

PM: Mellow Yoga

Today was an easy day in terms of running. Ray had me scheduled for an easy 5 mile run but the loop I did ended up being a little longer. I was full of energy so I jumped on the spin bike to maintain a little sweat and to finish listening to the Morrissey album that I found leaked on the interweb. I followed up the bike with some Mike Silva exercises for my tight hips. Overall it was a fabulous workout and despite the fatigue I carried into Yoga this evening I was anything but tired during my practice. I felt really strong and can actually feel myself becoming more comfortable with the various poses. It is a nice feeling.

Regarding the Morrissey album. I am going to listen to it through about 10 more times before I decide whether or not its awesome or just very good. Right now "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" is my fav (you can hear it on the link or the myspace page dedicated to him). Its a song that has been played live many times on the last tour so I know it well but I haven't gotten bored of it. Not even slightly. I don't know what it is about the Mozzers voice that I find so appealing. His lyrics, and general personality I find really intriguing, not to mention his animal rights activism. The guy is a legend and I wish I listened to him growing up. I will be getting tix to see him in Foxwoods and Boston's House Of Blues for my 6th and 7th Moz shows.

Other tunes I listened to an awful lot today were Feist -Mushaboom (Postal Service Remix) and this fantastic band from Sweeden, The Embassy I listened to their 4 myspace tracks through at least 5 times before 8 AM this morning while supping coffee and sending emails at the Coffee Exchange.

Today was a good day.

Love Kel

2 comments:

  1. care to share some of those hip stretches with me boss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rode 37 miles today. Need to talk to you about your bike training. When is that Tour de France thing?

    ReplyDelete