Monday, January 26, 2009

An Accident In Paradise

AM: 10.15 Miles, 66 minutes, Lincoln woods.

I was pretty tired after the weekend and only I had Mark Carroll to run with I may have slogged this run out even slower. It was really cold and one of those days when the air is heavy and slow. You know what I mean, those days when running fast or feeling fast is impossible. Anyway, Mark and I made the best of the situation and hit up Lincoln woods, one of my favorite college spots. I had fully intended on going to the gym when I got back but bagged it since I have a big week ahead. Ray has upped my training starting tomorrow so the next 7 days will be hard. Since I am not working recovery should not be a problem.

The JOB search is in full swing right now. I had some good phone conversation with people I really admire in our industry and the theme is consistent. Its not a good time to be looking for a Job that is at least lateral in move not to mention an upward move which is what I would hope. I don't mind grafting for many more years to earn my place but with Visas included in the mix I need to make sure I get a secure job. Anyway, right now I can't be picky and I will keep the head down and plough on through.

The word around the campfire is that Radiohead are playing The Grammys seeing as they are up for an award with "In Rainbows" and Jonny Greenwood is up for best score with "There Will Be Blood". Hopefully both albums win but its The Grammys so who really cares anymore. If Radiohead are playing on February 8th I will be tuning in big style.

Maybe while watching The Grammys I will have my new Thom Yorke Biography! Yes, there is a new book hitting the shelves next month titled “Thom Yorke: Radiohead & Trading Solo”,
and it is written by Trevor Baker. The Book is
“a tale of the extraordinary drive, ambition and perfectionism of just one man. Thom Yorke’s story has never been told and this biography goes further and deeper than ever before with the help of in-depth interviews from former classmates, producers, video makers and other key players in his life.”

Read

Anthems For A Seventeen Year-Old Girl Lyrics

here.


I have been listening to this song on repeat lately even though it is old. I think it is really beautiful and I suggest every one listen to it often and loud. It is called "Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old" by Broken Social Scene.

Peace and love,

Kelrock

No comments:

Post a Comment