Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Running Up That Hill

AM: 5 Miles easy, grass.
PM: 7 Miles Steady, 42:56, around streets of Drogheda.

Got back into routine pretty quickly with a solid kip last night and two great runs today. This morning I jogged around the 800m grass field near my house and I now know why I was a good XC runner as a junior, the mud was everywhere. I have seriously softened up because I was runing laterally trying to avoid all the soft bits. I was very unsuccessful so I started to just plough on and it was a lot of fun even if my Zoom Elites are filthy.

For the PM I stayed on the road and did one of my old club loops around the town. I did a 7 mile loop that I used to think was so long when I was younger. In fact I was suprised that it was only 7 miles when I was done. Back in the day I would have called it at least 8 or maybe even 9. I am very happy to see more and more people out running these days. I must have passed at least 15 people running around the streets, trucking on and getting involved in fitness. I find this to be very inspiring because Drogheda is the furthest from a running mecca you can imagine. Its all pavement because it is too dark and too soft to run on grass. The fog is thick and the roads are dangerous. So to see people out running is fantastic.

Tonight I went to see Slumdog Millionaire. I usually don't like flicks that everyone says I have to see. In fact it turns me off films when I am bombarded with "I can't believe you haven't seen it yet". Well I hadn't until tonight and yes it was great. Very uplifting and a nice story that was well adapted to film. Danny Boyle did a great job.

Before I go, I have posted a video of Moz from Friday night with Jonathan Ross. He does 'I'm throwing my arms around Paris' and 'This Charming Man', the latter being a song he has not played in a long time. As much as I admire Boz he does not get the guitar lick nearly as clean as Jonny Marr. Please excuse Mozzers horrible tuck in to the Jeans. It is very unbecoming of such a handsome devil.

Love Kel

2 comments:

  1. whoa...zoom elites???

    You need to try the tempo. Let me know when your back and ill get some out to you. They are awesome man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel,

    Glad you're home safe and sound. Drinking silly amounts of tea and eating classic bars sounds lovely. I also hate the following comment:

    "Can't believe you have not seen XYZ movie..."

    I have little tolerance for this sort of behavior. This is on par with "Happy New Year!" Just horrible. Anyways, keep truckin'.

    Tim C

    ReplyDelete