Sunday, January 3, 2010

In A Big Country

AM: 70 Minutes Trainer Ride, Core Work

I finally figured out a way to do sessions on the bike without temptation to do intervals. Its quite simple really, watch TV. I set up my TV and DVD player in the basement and started watching movies. Listening to music is what gets me all fired up so for easy days, especially these current days on my comeback, I will only watch the box. The ride was easy and my knee is getting stronger after only 4 bike efforts. I will up the load since I think I can handle more and will continue to do the core work that the Dr. suggested. Its going to be a long road back to fitness and I can't help but feel a little frustrated because I need to stay very motivated knowing that my left knee may not be able to take on a training load and that I may never get back to racing again. However, one closed door opens up new doors and I am thoroughly enjoying the bike riding so maybe a break from racing on two legs to racing on two wheels is just what I need.

My friend Vinny Mulvey is also coming back from an injury of his own and has just joined up with a new coach, John Downes. You can follow Vinnys progress on his website, www.vinnymulveyfitness.com. While there you can also read some of his articles on all things fitness. Should be a nice journey to be part of.

The song I've listened to more than any other in 2010 is Green Knight by Memory Tapes. This album really should have been in my top 10 of the year. I really love it and when I was supping Coffee at the Exchange on Saturday I realized this fact. This is perhaps my favorite song on the album excluding the fantastic 22 minute closing instrumental which is a whole mix in itself. Check it.

We are right into the new year and tomorrow is back to work both at Reebok and with getting fitter, happier, more productive.

Peace and Love,

Kel





No comments:

Post a Comment