Monday, January 25, 2010

I'll Keep The Wolf From The Door

Last night Radiohead played a gig in LA (Again) and the goal was to raise as much money as possible for Haiti. They obviously played the gig for free and there was no charge for the set up either. The tickets were sold at auction and almost 600k was raised. I should be really happy but I can't help feeling a little frustrated at the fact that Thom seems to enjoy playing in LA a little too much. This was his 4th gig out there (he played three solo gigs in October). Maybe a bit of East coast action eh lads? There were a lot of celebs at the gig too which only adds to my disappointment at not having the opportunity to bid on a ticket. They most likely paid a lot for the privilege so I shouldn't really begrudge them. After all the goal was to raise money, which they did very successfully. So for tonight, excluding the few vids I saw earlier, (I got up at 5:15am to see the youtube vids because I couldn't sleep) I will just have to enjoy the many great offerings on youtube.

Love Kel



No comments:

Post a Comment