Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fight The Scary Day

PM: 75 Minutes Trainer Ride, w/ 25 Minutes in a big gear, slow RPM.

Big gear tempo stuff. I really have no idea what I am doing. Quite bizarre really. I think (many would disagree, many wouldn't) that I know running very well. I may not follow my own advice but I do know the sport and the training and everything in between. But riding a bike? I am making it up as I go along. I decided that I do too much spinning so I went for a 52-13 and stayed in the saddle. I had decent tension on the back wheel so it was hard and my legs were burning. I think it was helpful in developing muscle and strength but maybe not. Either way, I was sweating and I felt like I did a good workout.

Baystate Marathon was today and it was very good despite the horrible weather. Reebok has been a sponsor of this great New England race for the last 5 years and it is fantastic to see the race grow and go from strength to strength. I hope the competitors don't leave with a sour taste in their mouths considering how horrible the weather was. Somethings the race organizers have no control over.

I have spent a lot of time listening to the new "Editors" album this week. It is very dark but I can't help thinking its a little forced. They really went for a Joy Division feel. Naturally this should make the album amazing but something is missing. I still love the album, it just didn't have the immediate impact that I expected after I heard "Papillon". With that being said I still can't stop listening to it. I might be doing Martin's head in because it is on pretty steady rotation.......

They did a showcase at Fabric in London last week. Check out one of the songs from the show below.

Peace and Love

Kel


No comments:

Post a Comment