Friday, June 5, 2009

Take My Time Today

AM: 2:05 Ride, Easy Bike Path
PM: PT with Mike Silva. Lots of quad work.


Myself and Coxy hit the road early this morning for some easy miles. I was a little tired from last night so we kept it steady and had no efforts or any silliness that tends to happen on our rides. We'll leave that for the weekend. My first official rehab session was today. After months of cycling it came time to do the formal strength work prescribed by the Doctor and Mike. Lots of single leg work and exercise involving all aspects of the knee. I felt great although my quad is like a brick right now.Stumbled on the band 'Pony Pony Run Run' today while surfing the fluokids blog that is always full of delights. I was attracted by the band because Mondkopf did a remix and I tend to like some of his stuff. Anyway, he remixed a track called 'Hey You' and it is amazing. I had a lost in music moment listening to it while sipping a hot beverage in Blue State Coffee on Thayer Street. There could have been a riot on the street and it would not have taken me out of the groove that lies in this slice of magic. Obviously I needed to research the band and it seems they are a small group out of France and they make beautiful dream pop, electro wave, powerpop, whatever you want to call it. I love the track and I love the other stuff they put out. Incidentally they have a new album out this week and it is not being distributed in the USA so I'll have to buy it digitally. This is a band that could do with some overseas support. Check out 'Hey You' in the youtube below. I will see if I can post a link to the Mondkopf remix, although it is a trancy, slowed down groove that uses the chorus and may not be to most of your liking. I love the techno, always have, always will. Please listen and support.

My training today was only so so but I am not down. In fact I am feeling very good about things. Tomorrow night I am going to see the Psychedelic Furs. I want to catch as many of these great 80's bands I can so I can make up for not listening to them when I was 6 or 7. I was playing music by Michael Jackson and listening to the NOW collections rather than getting involved in bands. The NOW collections did open up many music avenues but in hindsight I should have been getting into the Smiths. I don't care that I was only 7, its not an excuse. One of the first albums I ever bought (my mammy bought it for me, on double cassette) is pictured. I think those tapes are up in my bedroom back on Halpins Terrace.
Tomorrow calls for some hard training. I am not sure what it is I am doing but it involves hard riding and some running before hands in the air dancing.

Check out the vid below,
Love KEL

No comments:

Post a Comment