Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Agony And The Agony.......

Another day on the therapy table down at Foundation Performance. Without the use of MRI Mike and I have concluded that I may have a minor tear of my Labrum. If not a tear then certainly a sprain. I am in quite a bit of pain and I'm eating Indomethicin to help me relax. I did not go into the office today, opting to work from home so I could ice and monitor the progress, or lack thereof.

I am back in with Mike tomorrow morning at 6:30 to get treatment. We will try to reduce the swelling. I should be alright after a week or so, however this really hurts my training. I had planned on 16 Hours of bike riding this week, coupled with 3 hours of Alter-G. Now its going to be zero and I am on the road next week, for 6 days! Maybe this break will be good for me and force me to let my knee settle somewhat.

I got my tix for Handsome Furs today and Francine and I have decided to make the trip to Toronto on July 11th to see Sunset Rubdown again. It is difficult for me to not make an effort to see them again since it was extremely emotional and essential. Right now I need the sounds, the taming of the hands that came back to life.

Check out the youtube below and you'll know what I mean. Music is so important and if you don't feel Spencer's passion then you have no soul!

This blog may loose direction over these forthcoming weeks as the searching for meaning continues. To say I'm lost is a major understatement but I appreciate the emails and words of encouragement. There is a light that never goes out.

Love KEL

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up hope Keith. I'm trying to be as positive as you!

    ReplyDelete