Saturday, June 6, 2009

Heaven

AM: 2:47 Bike Ride w/ hard session
PM: 25 Minutes Run Outside


The entire bike ride did not take place outside. Coxy and I warmed up for 90 or so minutes before we planned on doing our own respective workouts. The Blvd however was jammin. Farmers Market at one end and a big Funeral going on in the middle. I would have been very frustrating to attempt long intervals so we decided to hit the trainers for the workouts. I did 20 minutes sub tempo before 2 x 5 min, 2 x 4 min, 2 x 3 min, 2 x 2 min, 2 x 1 min VO2 Max reps. I took one min recovery between everything so my HR was high for the whole 39 minutes of effort. It was very hard and I was smashed after but very pleased.

In the PM I hit the Blvd again for a jog. I ran slow and maybe didn't cover more than 3.1 or 3.2 miles. My knee was not pain free however it did not get worse as the run progressed and it is not sore now so there is a lot of upside to the situation. I will run outside again tomorrow before doing 45 minutes on the g-trainer on Monday. I have no idea at this point if I am doing damage or if I am helping the joint. Either way, it is the Doctors orders and I don't need much encouragement to try and run.

We went and saw the Psychedelic Furs tonight and it was awesome. I loved every second of it even if it was a crowd of power puff hair do's straight out of the 1980's. Have you seen the movie Music And Lyrics? Terrible flick but Hugh Grant does a great Job playing the role of an 80's pop singer who's career has gone off the rails. Richard Butler has not become a has been but he reminded me of Grant's character when all these 40 year old women were dancing hard to 'Pretty In Pink'. The gig was very refreshing so check out the poor attempts at some video footage below!




Long Ride tomorrow and another run in the afternoon. Fingers crossed the knee feels OK in the AM.
Peace and Love,

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment