Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Red Wine And Sleeping Pills

Needed a hiatus from this site. It was very nice to see the comments below my last post about the lads from St. Joes winning the All-Ireland schools champs. Its basically like Nike Team Nationals here although obviously a lot smaller. That said its a real big deal in Ireland and pretty much every successful runner in the history of Irish Athletics has a national Schools title. Its a rite of passage in the Irish running world.

I am swimming. The first consistent exercise of 2010. Managed to get 3 sessions in this week, all totaling about 1200 meters each. Swimming is really hard and I am really weak. My form is horrible and it feels like I have consistent drag on every stroke. But my heart rate gets nice and elevated for the 25 minutes or so that I spend in the water. It would be great to be able to swim for an hour, so thats my goal. Next week I get some cortisone in my knee which might lead to a return to bike and potentially some jogging. That will be amazing if it happens.

SXSW is on right now so that means lots of new music and live video footage. There is a lot of rubbish that comes out of SXSW but there is also a lot of magic. I haven't paid too much attention thus far due to lack of time but this weekend should provide a great opportunity to find out whats been happening.

I've been listening to the new Jonsi album which found its way onto the interweb. I was determined to completely avoid it but my lack of will power and control reared its horrible head and I caved. The album is beautiful and I cannot wait for its release. I already bought it so I don't feel too bad. When I got my tix to the show I purchased the album at the same time. So check out the song below and experience epic in all its glory.

Love Kel

2 comments:

  1. Better song than Boi Lillikoi. More like Sigur Ros? Thanks for sharing Keefer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out the Electric Picnic dude, i think you'd like the line up :)

    ReplyDelete