Saturday, March 27, 2010

Its On The Rise

This has been a pretty great weekend so far and I imagine it getting better. The Reebok Global Marketing Meeting started out with a great evening of drink and cheer and really kicked off this AM with a fantastic show. The company is doing really well and has some very cool stuff happening so the energy was very infectious. I don't watch the show but I have come across it, its called Americas Best Dance Crew and I think it airs on MTV. Anyway they had a couple of groups from that show doing a dance off and they were amazing. One group called JabbaWockeez and the other called The Beat Freaks. They both had fantastic routines but the JabbaWockeez ran away with it as far as I'm concerned. Lots of DJ Shadow playing during their performance and from style to substance they were superior. Having said that, the Beat Freaks were still brilliant. The place went nuts. Nick Willis and Katie McGregor did a great job representing the running world so big ups to them.

I am on my way home now. Free Wi-FI on the commuter rail. Awesome. The temptation to stay in Beantown was rattling me but I'm wearing my sensible hat these days and going home to ice, take Celebrex, and get ready for a bike ride tomorrow morning. Getting back into shape trumps good nights out right now and with my knee improving I am very motivated to start training. The initial buzz of Cortisone has worn off and some of the strain is still there but that was expected. Dr. McKeon told me to test it with some biking and an easy run/walk deal. I'll be doing both tomorrow.

Jonsi did a little session with Nico Muhly at Bethnel Green in London. The result is so beautiful.

Love Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment