Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kissing The Beehive

AM: 72 Minutes Spin Bike, Gym
PM: Massage


My knee was killing me this morning. I knew I shouldn't have taken the bait by getting involved in the 400m of steady/fast running on the track at the end of the run yesterday. Pride kept me in front when various friends tried to pass. Stupid. I had to hit up spin class at Reebok rather than hitting the Blue Hill trails. I don't mind a spin class to be honest although the music is hard to take. I don't know the names of the artists that were pumping from the system but most people probably like it (not the ones reading this though) and they probably top the charts. Not my cup of tea though. I imagine it was Lady Ga Ga and perhaps some Kanye West? I'm pretty sure his voice was in the mix somewhere. So what I do is bang through the class and after 45 mins when it is over I stick on my iPod shuffle and do another 30 minutes, cleansing my ears with the sounds of Wolf Parade. Works every time.

In the afternoon I took advantage of the on-site massage therapy. My first time availing of the service. I mean, 25 bucks for 30-40 minutes, where else would you get it. And its good. She goes hard and deep with a little encouragement. I was very pleased and tipped an extra $10. Going once a week for the foreseeable future. Where I work is actually kind of awesome and sometimes stepping back is very important. The treatment was solid and I am going to join the lunch time running posse tomorrow for 5 miles. No track nonsense at the end mind you.

Song of the day is from the new Crystal Castles album. Which, interestingly, has the same name as the first Crystal Castles album, Crystal Castles. Not sure what their buzz is as far as album titles go (even though for some reason I think its very cool) but the music is infectious and thoroughly enjoyable. I loved their first album and gave it a top 10 albums of 2008 placing. I just bought the new album and I think it may be better. The songs are more immediate and will certainly find them new fans. I am going to make sure I get a ticket to their show at the House Of Blues this summer. Apparently the live show is nothing short of breathtaking. The song I've chosen samples Jonsi of Sigur Ros. When I initially read about this I had a bit of a panic attack thinking it might sound ridiculous but on the contrary its amazing. Kim Smith who is sitting next to me, hates it. I love it, so much.

Great to be back,

Love Kel

1 comment:

  1. Hate is a little too strong. I said I did not care for it.

    ReplyDelete