Sunday, December 6, 2009

Perfect Day For Winter Athletics

PM: 100 Minutes Bar Biking
PM: 37 Minutes Run

Today we ushered in a new season of Bar Biking. What is Bar Biking you might ask. Well its exactly as it says. We ride bikes in a bar. Not any bar mind you, we ride in the Wild Colonial. It was the idea of Brian Lang (bar tender extrodinaire) last winter to bring our trainers and set up in the front bar and ride hard. We did it a couple of times and it was great so we kicked off season 2 today. It was only Brian and I due to the late call to make it happen but by January we hope to have 5 or 6 guys banging out workouts in the pub and consuming refreshing brews after (undoing all the good work). We did some reps today in a ride as you feel kind of buzz. Nothing too structured but a great workout nonetheless.

When I got home I chilled and listened to Boy Lilikoi about 10 times in a row while Pat watched the closing minutes of the game between the Patriots of New England and the Dolphins of Miami. He was displeased with the outcome. I was still flying high after the bar biking session so I joined Pat, Kim and Molly for their afternoon run. My knee was still sore from the irrational hour I ran in the freezing rain yesterday, however with the clock ticking down to Tuesday there was no stopping me putting on the tights for a jaunt around the streets on a cool but very still winter evening.

On Tuesday I will go under the knife so tomorrow will be my last run for about 6-8 weeks. I will do an hour easy. Blogging will be sporadic after that because I won't have much to say and I will be in Europe for 2 weeks. No one wants to hear how much it sucks to have to sit on ones arse and wait for the green light to do 15 minutes of no resistance bike riding. Not exactly training now is it?
Music news has been lacking because I spent the last 48 hours listening to the same song over and over again. I stopped to watch the last hour of Kill Bill Vol. 2 (amazing film). Now that its over, its back to Boy Lilikoi. If you want something different please make your way over to THIS link and download the compilation "Galactique Compilation Vol 2". The label is the work of my good Friend (Frankies older brother) Marc Darroch. A couple of his tracks are on their. Lots of different styles of music for snowy days and wine drinking.

On more of a commercial sounding tip I forgot how good the Fred Falke remix of Grizzly Bear's "Two Weeks" sounded. The track got a few repeat plays tonight. Perfect trainer song for raising energy levels and joy.

Love Kel






No comments:

Post a Comment