Saturday, July 31, 2010

Time Is Like A Broken Watch

On Friday the Reebok crew pushed the envelope a little more than usual and we ran for one hour. We pushed the paced from the start even if it was just coxy taking the piss by pretending to hammer from the gun. When Ryan thought he may actually be serious he bridged the gap leaving Dan and I straggling about 50 meters back. They kept it up for the first 2 miles before they were cooked and decided to wait. But what it did was it meant our easy pace was still faster than usual and when we added on through Houghtons pond the joy of running fast engulfed everyone and we basically started fartlek training over the last few miles. So much happiness and joy. Knee was 6 out of 10 on the pain scale and got worse in the afternoon but not so bad that it took anything away from the wonderful run. When I got home I jumped on the bike and did a short session that I didn't time. I was tired and bored after so I went to the Wild Colonial and met up with Brien Lang for a pint of Dog Fish Head 60 minute IPA. Twas lovely. While I sit here I have to admit that my left knee is feeling a little sore. The bone on bone issue I get as a result of my osteochondral defect is actually bothering me for the first time in many months. I now have 2 very sore knees - not great.

It's fair to say that I am going to bed in a pretty dull mood. The house is quite but the noise in my head is very loud. I needed to revisit some of the old reliable tunes to ease me into a blissful sleep. Usually when searching for answers I needn't go further than Moz. He always tells it as it is. Real + Honest.

Love Kel

-one of my all time favorite songs. never gets old or tired or normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment