Friday, July 30, 2010

Full Speed Half Blind

Nice one. On Wednesday at lunch time myself, Dan and Ryan ran Ponky. Nothing out of the ordinary, just the usual lunchtime run. Except Ryan decided to do his best Alberto Contador impression and started hammering. Deep down inside I was really happy about this because I have wanted to attempt some faster running to see how my knees would react. When i say hammering, it must be used in the context of our current fitness levels. We may have dipped under 6 minute pace over the last 2 miles, not fast by any means but fast for a group of dudes struggling with all sorts of ailments. We got back to the track and I felt fantastic and over-joyed at how things felt. About an hour later that joy dissipated when BOTH my knees started aching. Got home earlier than usual so jumped on my bike and did a 2 hour ride with some hill repeats up burlingame that hit the spot. Knees still felt sore and my energy was really lacking. In fact, it would be fair to say that I felt horrible over the last 30 minutes. Everything was hurting and I had zero energy. All in all a great day of training.

It was important for me to get a good day in on Wednesday since yesterday I went to NYC for the day - early train down, later train back. No training, although my bike punctured on the way to the station so I had to run back to the house in panic mode and get my car.

Interpol played on david letterman last night. Solid performance of "barricade" and worth staying up for. The video is below. I bought my ticket to see them in NYC on November 5th which will be awesome since it ends their NA tour and I'll be down in the city for the NYC marathon anyway. good stuff. So thats the buzz. Today will be a good day,

Love Kel

1 comment:

  1. We ran up Burlingame all the time in high school as part of a 9-10 mile run. Beastly!

    ReplyDelete