Thursday, December 3, 2009

Came The Last Night Of Sadness

AM: 30 Minutes Run
PM: 60 Minutes Trainer Ride

Another double day of running and biking. Only 6 days of running left before I go into an altered state while a small tool cuts away the last remaining bits of my meniscus. Lee and I ran Houghton's pond today and we had to peel off our shirts. It was 68 degrees but given the time of year it felt like 88 degrees. We were sweating bullets. Awesome. When I got home I did a very steady/hard hour on the trainer. I would have done 90 minutes but hunger took over and considering it was after 8 bells I needed to call it a night. I will be loading up the weekend in anticipation of it being my last hard training for a while. After the surgery I am heading home so training will be sparse. I am not going to fuss about it. My fitness heading into surgery is very good so I will enjoy the break and then actually pen some goals for 2010.

I am loving the "Van She" remake of Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear The Reaper". Van She have been consistently putting out joyful, shoegaze, electropop tracks for the last few years. It seems the while Montreal may be home to cutting edge indie rock, Sydney is home to electropop, post nu wave bands. This cover is really uplifting. Its been getting constant play on my iTunes tonight.

Peace and Love,

Kelrock



No comments:

Post a Comment